Sunday 8 March 2015

I had some leftover food that needed using up from past cooking, some carrots, mangetout, a lemon, a potato, about half a tin of lentils and an onion, and I needed something for lunches for the week. In my cupboard I had some spices and some couscous so I decided to make myself a couscous salad.

I chopped the carrot and the potato into cubes, cut the mangetout in halves, sliced the onion and fried gently in a little oil with a some garlic powder, curry powder, chilli and cumin powder. After about 5 minutes I put the lentils into the pan, to give them a chance to soak up the curry flavours.  Meanwhile, I put some couscous in a bowl with a lid, and squeezed in the juice of the lemon, salt, some ground coriander and some chopped fresh coriander, poured over the boiling water and left for five minutes to cook. When the veg were cooked through, I simply mixed them into the cous cous and left in the fridge until I was ready to take it out.


I ate this both hot and cold, simply reheating a serving in the microwave or taking it into uni as a packed lunch, I also ate some of the veg/lentil mix on its own which was really nice and very filling too!

No comments:

Post a Comment