Monday 23 March 2015

Oaty Cookies

The term is drawing to a close, and as I am going home I wanted to use up all my perishables before the Easter Holidays, so I got baking and treated all my flatmates to an Easter treat! I had loads of oats left so I made some oaty cookies. They were yummy and chewy, but mind, this recipe makes over 40 cookies, so if you only have one tray like me, you're gonna have to do several rounds!

This is the recipe that I used Easiest Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies, but I used 200g of oats and 150g of flour because I wanted to use up my oats! I also used about 100g of caster sugar instead of the granulated as it provides a smoother mixture and I don't like too use a lot of sugar. 

Also, if they seem really soft and are almost falling apart when you try to pick them up when you take them out of the oven, that means they are perfect! Don't leave them in the oven too long, because as soon as they cool they harden quite considerably, and some of my batch ended up quite crispy because of this! (unless of course you like a crispy cookie!) I also whipped up a batch of brownies with some chocolate I had - my flatmates were quite pleased!

No comments:

Post a Comment