Monday 23 March 2015

Mothers Day

I went home to surprise my Mum last weekend for Mothers Day! 

I planned a lovely 4 course meal with Indian flavours throughout and I'm very happy to report that it all went extremely well! I was very proud as I feel it was a mark of how far my cookery skill has come! 

The menu was as follows:
Spicy Potato with a coriander raitha, red chilli chutney and a lemon and rocket salad













Tandoori Prawn skewers with a butter sauce (which I got from James Martin, but cooked under a grill rather than a barbecue!)










Slow cooked lamb with pilau rice and greens 













Red velvet cake - this recipe has a lovely texture but unfortunately for whatever reason never turns out red, just a reddish brown but I'll post the link anyway - (Velvet Cake)

Everything came out extremely well and I hope to post recipes for all of the individual courses soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment