Saturday 7 February 2015

ENCHILAAAADASSS!

So apparently I've decided to go on a cookery trip around the world, and today I'm visiting Mexico! These enchiladas turned out so well and for some reason tasted even better the next day. I chose seeded tortillas for extra fibre and they are filled with 3 chicken breasts chopped and fried in cumin, chilli, and some garlic powder; spinach, a red pepper and a lil' cheese. You could make them veggie by using beans (refried or kidney), which was my original plan but then I had meat cravings!  

The tomato salsa/sauce on top was made with one and a half red onions, cumin, paprika, a little ground coriander and some fresh coriander (gotta love dem fresh herbs) and then a can of chopped tomatoes. Topped with cheese (splash out on Mexican cheeses if it's available), put it in the oven on 180 degrees for 30-45mins and voila! Healthy and filling and enough to last me the week :) 

PS. The sauce makes the dish so I would recommend that you make one and a half by using more chopped tomatoes, especially if you're making the veggie option, and I'd put a small amount inside the wraps as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment